Play Food Set : Felt Sandwiches from Melissa and Doug
Feeling hungry for a sandwich? This play food set felt sandwiches is made up of 33 items – enabling you to have the most varied sandwiches. Choose between white and brown break, pita or bread rolls. Then fill with the play food meats, cheeses, vegetables, condiments and more. With dozens of sandwich stuffers included, we’ve got the ingredients for any special order! Great for role play – whether your opening your own cafe or a nurse bringing a meal to a patient in bed. These felt items are super durable and will last much longer than the plastic alternatives. Another great role play toy from Melissa and Doug
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn with play food sets felt sandwiches from Melissa and Doug:
- Ask the child to identify each play food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, fruit or vegetables.
- Take turns being a chef and a dining customer in a restaurant. Place an “order” for a sandwich with a variety of ingredients. Have the child assemble your order using auditory memory. Discuss which types of sandwiches are generally more appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Have the child identify the colours and obvious shapes of each play food item.
- Place all the felt food pieces in a row. Count the number of pieces. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
- Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
|Babble.com: Holiday Gift Guide Best Pick 2011
FamilyFun Magazine: FamilyFun Toy of the Year (T.O.Y) Awards 2011
Dimensions: 9.88″ x 13.25″ x 3.25″ Packaged